by RaShell on 2009-02-18
Ta-Da-Da-Daaaah! Here’s the long awaited (I hope) post with all the Share the Love Contest Prizes:
First of all I am forever grateful to all of wonderful people who offered these exciting prizes for you, my darling doodlers. We have a wide variety and I’m still trying to figure out different categories so we can have as many winners as possible! All in all we have 10 prizes to distribute.
• This prize comes from a lovely Etsy shop called Buster and Boo (named after the owner’s dogs).
Sara, who makes very cute jewelry out of scrabble tiles and other interesting objects generously offered this pretty “Promise” pendant that fits very well into our Share the Love theme:
• Sue from Sea Star Dreams shop on Artfire creates original jewelry pieces made of shells and fossils (or other beach relic) that have been handpicked off various beaches that either herself or her friends visited!
Sue chose this stunning pendant made of a polished clear Cape May Diamond (only found at the Cape May NJ point) on a sterling silver plated bail with a 18″ white ribbon necklace:
• Some of you may remember my post about Coloring books for the “young at heart” creatives. Well, if you’re like me and coloring sound like ton of fun that your remember from your childhood but for many reasons haven’t attempted doing it in the recent years… This prize is for you!!!
From super talented Etsy top seller YaelFran comes this adorable digital coloring sheet. Use it for scrapbooking, make stickers, embroidering pattern or just color it in for fun!!!
• One more great Etsy Shop – Designed by Lucinda is full of interesting, original pieces in different styles. Not just jewelry! She has always loved stones, and prefers to work with Sterling Silver and semi precious stones, but also uses Swarovski Crystals.
Cindy generously offered this lovely bookmark or anything else (up to $15 value) from her shop:
• Self-described Geeky Artist Aerten is specializing in abstract works of art. She works with acrylics, watercolor and/or encaustic (wax), and often experiments with mixed-media techniques. In her Etsy Shop you can find all of the above, often in a form of original ACEOs.
Aerten, aka Kelly has donated 2 wonderful original pieces of her artwork that incorporate rich color into an intricate “doodly” design.
• Original artwork by Lilla Jizo, whom we featured not so long ago here on Doodlage, together with one of my doodled rocks.
• Our next prize you can’t hold in your hand, yet it’s not even a tiny bit less valuable. Indiesmiles.com is a one stop shopping source of online Indie shops at a discount! Here, you can discover new and emerging talent while shopping around for that perfect gift or unique item for yourself WHILE finding the best indie deals out there.
There’s also a section on Indiesmiles, called Smiles for the Animals, featuring items that donate 100% of the proceeds to animals charities around the world. In addition, 10% of the proceeds from Indiesmiles are donated to animal charities each and every month!
El and Sue, lovely owners of Indiesmiles, are offering a great prize of Free advertising spot (of your choice) on Indiesmiles.com:
• Our partners in doodling crime, super-cool Underground Art School, whom we also featured in this blog,
just issued a Winter 09 version of their awesome ‘zine:
But they are already thinking ahead, and you and your doodles can become part of their Issue #3, which is exactly what this very special prize is!!! You can read more about it directly on Underground Art School’s blog.